Worn Again Technologies has developed an innovative, solvent based chemical recycling process for plastics and textiles, with the backing of one of the world’s best-known fashion retailers and a major global engineering firm.
We are seeking to recruit a laboratory technician to support the science team with lab operations. The technician will be mainly responsible for running analyses with multiple types of analytical equipment, including GC-MS, GPC/SEC and others as required. This work will support the research and development on various stages of our novel process, working closely with research scientists.
The position is full time and is based in Nottingham, UK. Salary commensurate with experience. The position will be fixed term for 12 months.
Chief Scientific Officer
The candidate must be able to demonstrate:
- Dependability to deliver routine chemical analyses on schedule
- Competence and familiarity with daily laboratory work
- Ability to follow procedures and comply with company policies
- Ability to work with hazardous materials (e.g. flammable solvents and toxic and/or corrosive materials) independently and safely with due care
- Specific experience in gel permeation chromatography (GPC), gas chromatography (GC) and gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS)
- Competency with method development, sample preparation and data interpretation
- Keen attention to detail tempered with a real-world practicality
- Punctual and positive work attitude
- Experience working as a part of a multicultural dynamic team
We are seeking a candidate with either a BSc in Chemistry or related sciences, or demonstrable work experience using GC or GCMS, preferably in a commercial or industrial laboratory.
Please contact Dr. Josh Reid: email@example.com or Dr. Lauri Hauru: firstname.lastname@example.org for further information, or to apply, a CV and a cover letter specifically replying to the specifications given above. Please include the keyword WA-LABTECH-JOB in the message subject.