Lead Engineer – Worn Again Switzerland
About Worn Again Technologies:
Worn Again Technologies (WAT) was born of a vision to eradicate textile waste and a world where resources are kept in constant circulation. WAT’s proprietary recycling technology recaptures raw materials from non-reusable products such as textiles, PET bottles and packaging. WAT’s vision is being brought to life by an expert team and committed strategic partners who share in the ambition of creating a circular world.
The challenge – Mountains of textiles and plastics still end up in landfills and incineration plants every year around of the world. Current textile recycling methods turn less than 1% of non-reusable materials back into new textiles, whilst demand for new resources continues to grow. Plastics use is also increasing, and current recycling methods are unable to meet market demand for high quality materials.
The solution – WAT is focused on solving the challenging issue of separating polyester and cellulosic fibers in e.g. blends, at the end of use, and putting them back into circular raw materials. Our advanced recycling technology can separate, decontaminate and extract polyester and cotton from non-reuseable textiles and polyester packaging to produce dual PET and cellulose outputs.
WAT is hiring a lead engineer to drive the company’s construction and operation of a demonstration plant in Winterthur, Switzerland as well as the further process development and scale-up to commercial scale.
- To be a key contact for the engineering, procurement, and construction partner during the construction of the plant.
- Manging the permitting process of the demonstration plant.
- Being the key engineering expert on site during operations.
- Managing possible improvement projects on the plant / Active improvement of the recycling process to improve productivity and reduce costs.
- Supporting further scale-up of the process to commercial scale.
- Supporting a proactive approach to health and safety utilizing industry best practices.
The candidate should meet the following essential requirements:
- Master’s Degree in Chemical or Process Engineering (or comparable)
- At least 5 years of experience in a process engineering position (or similar) with on-site / start-up experience, experience in Switzerland is a plus.
- Fluent in English and German
Operational experience within the oil and gas or chemical industries is relevant.
- Experience with permitting processes of chemical facilities especially in Switzerland.
- Experience with process simulation tools (preferably ChemCAD)
- Knowledge of Information Technology
- Experience with ISO certification and similar standards
- Experience with chemical or polymer manufacturing
The candidate should enjoy and be prepared to work within a dynamic, international team. A flexible, creative and collaborative approach to problem solving would be highly beneficial. The candidate will be expected to independently plan, organize and execute projects in parallel to be delivered on time and on budget.
Start date: From September 2022
Location: Winterthur, Switzerland
Reports to: Director of Operations
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Visa support cannot be provided for this role.
Interested applicants should send a CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org