Process Engineer (m-w-d)
Circular Recycling of Mixed-Textiles to Polyester (PET) and Cellulose at Worn Again
About Worn Again Worn Again was born out of a vision to eliminate textile waste and create a world where resources are kept in a constant cycle.
Challenge: Thousands of tons of textiles still end up in landfills and combustion plants worldwide every year. Currently, less than 1% of used textiles are recycled, but demand is increasing.
Solution Our cutting-edge recycling technology can separate, clean and extract polyester and cotton from end-of-life textiles and polyester packaging to produce virgin polyester and cotton. Information can be found at www.wornagain.ch
Role Worn Again is looking for a process engineer to drive the process development and engineering as well as construction of our new demonstration plant in Winterthur. After the successful commissioning further process development and scale-up of the process to commercial scale is the target.
Profile You should enjoy working in an international dynamic team and have a flexible, creative and collaborative approach to problem solving. You look forward to independently planning, organising and executing projects on time and on budget. You should bring the appropriate skillset:
- Master’s Degree in Chemical or Process Engineering or comparable
- 5+ years of experience in a process engineering position
- Operational experience within the chemical industries or oil and gas
- Fluent English and German language skills
- Experience in Switzerland is a plus
- Enjoy flexible working hours and flat hierarchies with concise decision-making paths
- Be part of the revolutionary change in textile recycling
- Competitive salary package and stock options from Worn Again
Working time 100% position
A work permit in Switzerland is required for this position.
Start date and location January 2024 in Winterthur, Schweiz
Information and application to firstname.lastname@example.org